The Best Smoothie Recipes
There’s nothing as refreshing, healthy and all-natural to make for yourself than a smoothie.
Packed full of fruits and vegetables, smoothies are a fun and tasty way to get your essential
vitamins and minerals every day. But before you go and chuck the whole produce aisle in a blender,
check out these recipes for hints to balance taste with nutrition.
1. Beginner’s Luck Green Smoothie
This healthy favorite from 100 Days of Real Food features frozen fruits and plenty of leafy
greens for a smoothie that’s as cleansing as it is tasty.
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup mango
- 1 cup pineapple
- 2 bananas
- Use at least one frozen fruit to chill your smoothie. We often use frozen mangos and bananas
- our green smoothies.
- Tightly pack 2 cups of leafy greens in a measuring cup and then toss into blender.
- Add water and blend together until all leafy chunks are gone.
- Add mango, pineapple, and bananas and blend again until smooth.
- Pour into a mason jar (or a cute cup of your choice).
2. Sunshine Smoothie
This tangy concoction comes from cookinglight.com and is guaranteed to brighten your morning
from the very first sip. Mango and lemon add nice notes of flavor, while the melon and yogurt
base makes for a satisfying sip.
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled mango
- 1 1/2 cups chopped peeled apricots (about 4 small)
- 2/3 cup chopped peeled nectarine (about 1 medium)
- 1 cup chopped cantaloupe
- 1/4 cup mango nectar (such as Jumex)
- 1/8 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 (6-ounce) carton lemon low-fat yogurt
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Place mango in a zip-top plastic bag; seal. Freeze 1 hour.
- Combine chopped apricots and next 5 ingredients (through yogurt) in a blender; process until smooth.
- Add frozen mango and ice; process until smooth.
3. Paleo Chocolate Strawberry Smoothie
Using all-natural ingredients, this sweet smoothie from Paleo Hacks works equally well for
breakfast or dessert. You’ll slurp the whole thing up before you even know it.
- 2 cups strawberries
- 2 tbsp cacao or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp dairy-free plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp organic maple syrup
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- Place ingredients into a blender and pulse until smooth.
Once you hop on the smoothie train, you’ll wonder how you ever lived without them. Get more
inspiration for your smoothies at your local Family Pharmacy!